Following the latest government announcement, all parts of Leicestershire will move into local restriction Tier 3: Very High on Wednesday 2 December.
Under local restrictions, it means that Harborough Museum will remain closed.
Keeping our heritage sites closed for longer means even tougher times ahead for those working in the tourism industry. We ask that you continue to support our site by visiting us in 2021 and in the meantime, you can continue to support us by getting involved with our posts, activities and events through all our normal social media channels.
We’re all in this together and will make sure our approach continues to reflect the latest government guidelines. Keep up to date by visiting www.gov.uk/coronavirus and follow our social media channels to hear the latest from us.
This page contains information about safety during your visit, frequently asked questions and the terms and conditions of your booking. Please read these carefully before booking your visit.
If you are unable to book online please contact us on 0116 305 3627. Phone lines for booking are open Tuesday to Friday, 10am – 5.30pm; and Saturday 10am – 3.30pm.
Caring about your safety
To help you feel safer visiting us, we have:
- Undertaken full risk assessments against national Covid-19 guidance.
- Admission only by pre-booked ticket; for now you can’t just turn up on the day.
- Bookable timeslots for entry so that your arrival is spaced out from others.
- Allowed one booking of up to 6 people or up to 8 people from one household or support bubble for each time slot, meaning you are in control of who joins you on your visit and the number of people on site is managed and controlled. We encourage all our customers to place bookings in line with all Government regulation, advice and guidance in force.
- Contactless card payment facilities and a cashless environment.
- Safety screens at till points to increase protection at key points.
- Hand sanitising points and an increased cleaning regime.
- One-way systems operating where possible, as well as signage to guide you.
In return, we ask that you help us by:
- Maintaing 2m social distancing from other visitors, staff and volunteers.
- Wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds or more and particularly after contacting surfaces in public areas.
- Use the hand sanitiser provided at every opportunity.
- Wear a face covering during your visit.
- Following any one-way systems and respect new signage or verbal instructions.
- Taking personal responsibility for managing any children who are part of your booking, to ensure that they observe social distancing and good hygiene practice.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please click on the plus or minus buttons next to each question to expand or close the answer.
Terms & conditions of booking
Terms and Conditions for booking your free tickets for entry to Harborough Museum.
Please note the following Terms and Conditions before booking:
PURCHASE OF THE TICKET WILL CONSTITUTE ACCEPTANCE OF THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS:
1. Ticket holders are required to check carefully their tickets in advance of their visit; mistakes will not be rectified on the day.
2. The ticket time slot is not transferable; tickets will not be exchanged or refunded, except at the discretion of service staff on duty.
3. Adults must accompany all children under the age of 14.
4. Leicestershire County Council reserves the right to refuse entry of the ticket holder to the site.
5. Customers displaying anti-social behaviour will be asked to leave and could be subject to prosecution.
6. With the exception of assistance dogs, no animals are permitted onto the site.
7. Whilst we welcome recreational photography and recording, no professional cameras, video recorders or any form of audio-visual recording equipment allowed in the site without prior written permission from the site manager.
8. Visitors are reminded that for technical or operational reasons, some facilities may be removed or closed or entertainment cancelled and/or altered at any time. Leicestershire County Council reserves the right to change the programme of attractions and entertainment if at any time it is deemed necessary or appropriate to do so.
9. Proof of booking will be required to gain admission to the attraction. Proof of booking includes booking reference number, ticket, or confirmation email. For events unless otherwise stated the customer will be required to have a valid event ticket to gain admission. Once you have printed or received your tickets, please keep them in a safe place as duplicates, copies or other alternative tickets of any kind cannot be accepted.
10. Leicestershire County Council accept no responsibility for any personal property.
Information about Cookies being used on this website:
Cookies are small text files stored by your browser on your computer. They can be used by websites such as those operated by Leicestershire County Council to “remember” your use of, and movement around, the site.
There are two main types of cookies. Persistent cookies (also known as tracking cookies) remain on your computer even when you have left a website and closed your browser.
They are used, for example, by sites which remember you and welcome you back each time you visit. Session cookies only exist for the duration of your session on a website and are destroyed when you close your browser.
They are used by shopping sites, for example, to remember the items you have added to your basket as you move around the site.
This site only uses session cookies. Session cookies allow users’ actions to be remembered from page to page. Session cookies form the basis of all web applications and without them the site would not be able to function.
You may turn off the use of session cookies in your browser settings but if you do so you will be unable to use this site. By using this site you are accepting the use of these session cookies.
You can find more information about cookies in Wikipedia.