Symington 1 fully merges the library, museum, local studies and children’s library resources.
Within the museum the Hallaton Treasure Gallery features a fantastic display of the nationally important Iron Age and Roman finds, whilst other displays explore themes of growing up, sickness and health, wartime, belonging and the relationship between the town and the surrounding district.
We offer many different educational workshops to complement a visit to the museum. All our workshops have a local history link and some can be combined with visits to other sites of interest within walking distance of the museum.
Workshops for Key Stage 1
- Toys Past and Present (comparing old and new toys, thinking about timelines)
- How we used to live (investigating and contrasting homes past and present)
- Remembrance Day (including the opportunity to meet WW2 veterans)
Workshops for Key Stage 2
- Hallaton Treasure (Iron Age and Romans)
- Stone Age to Iron Age Workshop
- We also offer an extensive range of Outreach sessions delivered in your school. For further details or to make a booking contact us:
- Tel: 0116 305 3424
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Exciting new educational sessions are being developing including a town trail and new workshops featuring famous characters from Harborough’s past.