School visits are currently unavailable
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, we are unfortunately unable to offer school visits to Harborough Museum at this time.
Please check back to see what we are able to offer in the future.
We offer many different educational workshops to complement a visit to the museum. All our workshops have a local history link and some can be combined with visits to other sites of interest within walking distance of the museum.
There are three brand new Key Stage 2 sessions. Based on the local history of Market Harborough, each session is one hour long and can be combined to make a morning or day of activities:
- Harborough Heroes – find out about the famous people that lived and worked in Market Harborough
- All in a Day’s Work – learn about the jobs and industries that made Market Harborough the town it is today
- Town Trail – walk around the town and discover clues to Market Harborough’s past. Use our magic viewfinders to compare the Harborough of the past with today. For more information about the trail and to help you prepare, please view our teacher’s notes.
We also offer the following workshops:
- Remembrance Day (Key Stage 1)
- Toys Past and Present (Key Stage 1)
- The Hallaton Treasure – Iron Age and Romans (Key Stage 2)
We also offer an extensive range of Outreach sessions delivered in your school. Visit the Creative Learning Services website to find out more.