Harborough Museum

The Harborough Museum Partnership

The Harborough Museum Partnership

Harborough Museum is a partnership between Leicestershire County Council, Harborough District Council and Market Harborough Historical Society. Its refurbishment in 2014 was made possible by the support of the Market Harborough and the Bowdens Charity.

The wonderful collection of antiquities and curiosities owned by the Market Harborough Historical Society (formed in 1931 as the Market Harborough Archaeological and Historical Society) is the foundation of the Harborough Museum collection, which is curated and managed by Leicestershire County Council. Harborough District Council provide the space for the museum within The Symington Building and support the museum with activity funding.

The museum is governed by a steering group of representatives from each of the partnership organisations.

The work of the museum is further supported by the Friends of Harborough Museum, who give their time voluntarily.

Latest News

Fire Station display

Fire Station display

See the story of Market Harborough Fire Station, free from October 17!

Fothergill’s cookery book

Fothergill’s cookery book

Market Harborough’s famous and eccentric inn keeper

Treasure20

Treasure20

Read about the 4,000 year old beaker basket ornaments

Our Partners

Logos for the partners of Harborough Museum including Harborough District Council, Leicestershire County Council, Market Harborough Historical Society and supported by Market Harborough and the Bowdens Charity

© 2017 Leicestershire County Council - Terms of Use - Contact Us

Follow us

Find us in

The Symington Building logo