This page contains information about safety during your visit, frequently asked questions and the terms and conditions of your booking. Please read these carefully before visiting us.
Caring about your safety
To help you feel safer visiting us, we have:
- Undertaken full risk assessments in line with national Covid-19 guidance.
- Contactless card payment is preferred but cash will be accepted.
- Safety screens at till and information points to increase protection.
- Hand sanitising points through out the museum and an increased cleaning regime.
In return, we ask that you help us by:
- Although social distancing is no longer mandatory, with cases still rising we encourage maintaining 2m social distancing from other visitors, staff and volunteers where possible.
- Wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds or more and particularly after contacting surfaces in public areas.
- Use the hand sanitiser provided at every opportunity.
- Wear a face covering during your visit, including inside public areas of The Symington Building.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please click on the plus or minus buttons next to each question to expand or close the answer.
1. Adults must accompany all children under the age of 14.
2. Leicestershire County Council reserves the right to refuse entry to the site.
3. Customers displaying anti-social behaviour will be asked to leave and could be subject to prosecution.
4. With the exception of assistance dogs, no animals are permitted onto the site.
5. Whilst we welcome recreational photography and recording, no professional cameras, video recorders or any form of audio-visual recording equipment allowed in the site without prior written permission from the site manager.
6. Visitors are reminded that for technical or operational reasons, some facilities may be removed or closed or entertainment cancelled and/or altered at any time. Leicestershire County Council reserves the right to change the programme of attractions and entertainment if at any time it is deemed necessary or appropriate to do so.
7. Leicestershire County Council accept no responsibility for any personal property.
Information about Cookies being used on this website:
Cookies are small text files stored by your browser on your computer. They can be used by websites such as those operated by Leicestershire County Council to “remember” your use of, and movement around, the site.
There are two main types of cookies. Persistent cookies (also known as tracking cookies) remain on your computer even when you have left a website and closed your browser.
They are used, for example, by sites which remember you and welcome you back each time you visit. Session cookies only exist for the duration of your session on a website and are destroyed when you close your browser.
They are used by shopping sites, for example, to remember the items you have added to your basket as you move around the site.
This site only uses session cookies. Session cookies allow users’ actions to be remembered from page to page. Session cookies form the basis of all web applications and without them the site would not be able to function.
You may turn off the use of session cookies in your browser settings but if you do so you will be unable to use this site. By using this site you are accepting the use of these session cookies.
You can find more information about cookies in Wikipedia.