Skip to content
Harborough Museum

Harboro Rubber Company

Harboro Rubber Company

In 1894 the Briggs family expanded from their boot-making shop in Leicester, taking over Blandford’s Flour Mill on St Mary’s Road in Market Harborough.

The new venture was the Harboro Rubber Company, which benefitted from its proximity to the River Welland, as water was required in the manufacturing process.

Following a successful start and participation during the First World War, the company employed 250 people by 1939. The production of synthetic rubber began during the Second World War as the materials needed to produce rubber originated in Japan, an opponent during the conflict.

The Harboro Rubber Company still exists today manufacturing a variety of products.

Opening hours





Contact us

Send a message

Tel: 0116 305 3627

Address: The Symington Building, Adam and Eve Street, Market Harborough, LE16 7LT (Car Park: LE16 7XA)

The Symington Building logo
Logos for the partners of Harborough Museum
Visit England Quality Assured Attraction logo

Copyright 2023 © Leicestershire County Council - Terms of use | Accessibility statement