Donated to Harborough Museum, the silver Diving Championship trophy was first awarded to the ladies’ of Market Harborough Swimming Club in 1930. The cup displays the names of those who won diving competitions between 1930 and 1990, including Valerie Humphries who is featured on the cup several times and went on to become a national diver.
After the old swimming pool on Northampton Road, now Marshall Court, closed in 1990, and the club transferred to Harborough Leisure Centre, the diving competitions ended. Other names on the cup include Audrey Walker and Kathleen Finch, both of whom were recently interviewed by Harborough Museum about the history of the swimming club and the trophy. The trophy remains on display in hopes that relatives of those etched on the cup may spot a familiar name.