Harborough Museum and the Local Studies Library are open.
Our opening hours are Tuesday to Friday 10am – 6pm; Saturday 10am – 4pm. We would encourage visitors to continue to wear a face covering inside Harborough Museum and The Symington Building.
Visit our Visiting FAQs page for more information, frequently asked questions and terms and conditions.
Coming to the Special Exhibition Gallery on 9th October is an art exhibition from HMP Gartree.
Admission to Harborough Museum is free and we are a Visit England Quality Assured Visitor Attraction.
The museum is part of Symington 1, a cultural hub including library, adult learning, museum and registration service situated on the first floor of The Symington Building.
The Symington Building has the following facilities:
- Pay and display car parks. The closest car parks are Symington Way and Fox Yard for the closest accessible entrance (additional information)
- Concierge for information and directions
- Café and ice cream parlour
- Toilets including accessible toilet (currently unavailable)
The museum is closed on Sunday to Tuesday.
Detailed information can be found in the accessibility guide for Harborough Museum.
- Wheelchair and Class 2 scooter accessibility and lift to first floor. Class 3 scooters are not allowed on upper floors
- Low counters are available
- Assistance dogs are allowed on the first floor
- A hearing loop is installed
The Museum and Library have some members of staff who are Dementia Friends and we welcome all visitors. There are browser areas with seats and tables, an interactive floor for children and toilet facilities on the same floor.
Staff assistance is also available.
Photography is allowed in Harborough Museum, if you are taking pictures for personal use. We love to see our visitors’ photos, especially when they’ve tried our dressing-up area, so please share them with us.