Harborough Museum Reopening
The Hallaton Treasure and Heritage galleries at Harborough Museum, which showcase the majority of the displayed collections, will be re-opening from Friday 11th September 2020.
You must pre-book your visit and wear a face covering inside Harborough Museum and The Symington Building. Our new opening hours are Wednesday to Friday 10am – 12.30pm and 2pm – 4.30pm (final admission 3.30pm); Saturday 10am – 3.30pm (final admission 2.30pm).
Visit our Booking FAQs page for more information, frequently asked questions and terms and conditions.
If you are unable to book online please contact us on 0116 305 3627. Phone lines for booking are open Tuesday to Friday, 10am – 5.30pm; and Saturday 10am – 3.30pm.
Admission to Harborough Museum is free and we are a Visit England Quality Assured Visitor Attraction.
The museum is part of Symington 1, a cultural hub including library, adult learning, museum and registration service situated on the first floor of The Symington Building.
The Symington Building has the following facilities:
- Pay and display car parks. The closest car parks are Symington Way and Fox Yard for the closest accessible entrance (additional information)
- Concierge for information and directions
- Café and ice cream parlour
- Toilets including accessible toilet (currently unavailable)
Harborough Museum is open Wednesday to Friday, 10am – 12.30pm and 2pm to 4.30pm (last admission 3.30pm) and on Saturdays from 10am to 3.30pm (last admission 2.30pm).
The museum is closed on Sunday to Tuesday.
Detailed information can be found in the accessibility guide for Harborough Museum.
- Wheelchair and Class 2 scooter accessibility and lift to first floor. Class 3 scooters are not allowed on upper floors
- Low counters are available
- Assistance dogs are allowed on the first floor
- A hearing loop is installed
The Museum and Library have some members of staff who are Dementia Friends and we welcome all visitors. There are browser areas with seats and tables, an interactive floor for children and toilet facilities on the same floor.
Staff assistance is also available.
Photography is allowed in Harborough Musuem, if you are taking pictures for personal use. We love to see our visitors’ photos, especially when they’ve tried our dressing-up area, so please share them with us.