Admission to Harborough Museum is free and we are a Visit England Quality Assured Visitor Attraction.
The museum is part of Symington 1, a cultural hub including library, adult learning, museum and registration service situated on the first floor of The Symington Building.
The Symington Building has the following facilities:
- Pay and display car parks. The closest car parks are Symington Way and Fox Yard for disabled visitors (additional information)
- Concierge for information and directions
- Café and ice cream parlour
- Toilets including disabled toilet
Harborough Museum is open Tuesday to Friday, 10am to 6pm and on Saturdays from 10am to 4pm
The museum is closed on Sundays and Mondays
Detailed information can be found in the accessibility guide for Harborough Museum.
- Wheelchair and Class 2 scooter accessibility and lift to first floor. Class 3 scooters are not allowed on upper floors
- Low counters are available
- Assistance dogs are allowed on the first floor
- A hearing loop is installed
The Museum and Library is Dementia Friendly and we welcome people with disabilities. There are browser areas with seats and tables, an interactive floor for children and toilet facilities on the same floor.
Staff assistance is also available.
Photography is allowed in Harborough Musuem, if you are taking pictures for personal use. We love to see our visitors’ photos, especially when they’ve tried our dressing-up area, so please share them with us.