Following the latest government announcement, all parts of Leicestershire will move into local restriction Tier 3: Very High on Wednesday 2 December.
Under local restrictions, it means that Harborough Museum will remain closed.
Keeping our heritage sites closed for longer means even tougher times ahead for those working in the tourism industry. We ask that you continue to support our site by visiting us in 2021 and in the meantime, you can continue to support us by getting involved with our posts, activities and events through all our normal social media channels.
We’re all in this together and will make sure our approach continues to reflect the latest government guidelines. Keep up to date by visiting www.gov.uk/coronavirus and follow our social media channels to hear the latest from us.
Admission to Harborough Museum is free and we are a Visit England Quality Assured Visitor Attraction.
The museum is part of Symington 1, a cultural hub including library, adult learning, museum and registration service situated on the first floor of The Symington Building.
The Symington Building has the following facilities:
- Pay and display car parks. The closest car parks are Symington Way and Fox Yard for the closest accessible entrance (additional information)
- Concierge for information and directions
- Café and ice cream parlour
- Toilets including accessible toilet (currently unavailable)
Harborough Museum is open Wednesday to Friday, 10am – 12.30pm and 2pm to 4.30pm (last admission 3.30pm) and on Saturdays from 10am to 3.30pm (last admission 2.30pm).
The museum is closed on Sunday to Tuesday.
Detailed information can be found in the accessibility guide for Harborough Museum.
- Wheelchair and Class 2 scooter accessibility and lift to first floor. Class 3 scooters are not allowed on upper floors
- Low counters are available
- Assistance dogs are allowed on the first floor
- A hearing loop is installed
The Museum and Library have some members of staff who are Dementia Friends and we welcome all visitors. There are browser areas with seats and tables, an interactive floor for children and toilet facilities on the same floor.
Staff assistance is also available.
Photography is allowed in Harborough Musuem, if you are taking pictures for personal use. We love to see our visitors’ photos, especially when they’ve tried our dressing-up area, so please share them with us.